Thursday, September 28, 2006

More Networking Effects

The good folks at neweurasia.net have mentioned our classroom network of weblogs in a round-up on blogging in the region. In the post, Ben at neweurasia writes,
"Blogging has made it into the classroom at one of Kazakhstan’s most prestigious universities. Frederick Emrich and his students at KIMEP all use blogs to discover new information technologies and share their experiences using them."

Be sure to check out the entry as it mentions other blogging initiatives in the region as well. I've found that neweurasia and its country-specific sites are great resources not only for news and views from or about the area, but also for discovering local voices online.

Ben's entry was also cross-posted at Global Voices Online, so there's yet another network that extends the potential reach of your course weblogs.

If you were wondering, I didn't do anything to inform either Ben or Mindy McAdams about our course weblogs. They found them on their own. I'm not sure exactly how Mindy came across our sites, but Ben emailed me after posting his entry and said he found us through Technorati, probably the most prominent blog tracking site.

3 Comments:

At 9/29/2006 07:33:00 AM, Blogger Mindy McAdams said...

I found your site because So Youn linked to me! I always search for links to my blog so I can see what people are saying about it.

 
At 9/29/2006 04:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And Leila at neweurasia told me, the proprietor of Registan.net and Regional Editor for Central Asia & the Caucasus at Global Voices, so now I've got all of the class blogs in my aggregator to potentially include in my daily roundups at Global Voices and my newswire at Registan.net.

 
At 9/30/2006 11:03:00 PM, Blogger Frederick Emrich said...

Thank you both. I'm happy you found us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home